Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I may or may not have a social disorder


My mom took this picture of me at my cousin's fifth birthday party. You might just think I didnt want my picture taken, and you would be wrong. My mom took this picture because I stayed in this position throughout the entire party. really.

I remember it well, too. I was used to going over to their house and playing with my cousin one on one. Now there were like 15 other girls there and it completely freaked me out. She wouldnt pay attention to me and I decided that this was my best defense. I remember digging my chin into my chest as hard as I could to avoid eye contact with anyone. I needed lots of attention and control and I'd be lying to you if I told you that I have changed in any way. Even my hair style is the same.

ps. happy birthday to dan and also to ellen. I like you both a lot.

2 comments:

Annie said...

The cupcakes that I made for tonight look just like the one in the photo. Does that mean you're going to act like that?

laura said...

no promises